I craved ice cream. I did not have ice cream. I made what’s pretty much ice cream
Frozen custard is pure happiness.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cream or whole milk (I used 1 cup of each)
- 3 tbsp honey or 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
Flavorings I used:
- 1 tsp vanilla
- orange rind
- 1 tsp cardamom
Whisk Whisk Whisk:
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Put a small pot on the stove at medium heat. Add milk and/or cream.
- Before the milk/cream is too hot, start to whisk in the eggs.
- Continue whisking. Add the honey (or sugar) and salt.
- Add the flavorings and bring the mixture to a simmer. Leave the mixture at a simmer with the flavorings for a couple minutes. If using a large ingredient like orange rind, remove the orange rind when the mixture starts to thicken.
- Reduce heat and whisk until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Transfer to a freezable container and put in the freezer overnight.
- Eat for breakfast.
I love ice cream so much.